Thursday, February 6, 2014

Pottery Tea Bowls Galore!

Amaco's Fire Brick Red over Lustrous Jade

So I have been exploring the tea bowl form lately, here are the results! What I love about the tea bowl form is the multiple uses it can be used for. The ceramic piece can be used as a coffee or tea cup, and it also could be used as a small serving bowl. You might also notice that I have finally broken down and bought a professional backdrop. I find that the investment in the backdrop has been worth it though as it has helped generate more sales on my etsy website.

My dry Amaco glazes came in last week, and it has made it a lot easier to glaze. Having the ability to dip the piece in the glaze instead of brushing on the glaze has created better looking glazes in my opinion, as they appear much more uniform.

Vert Lustre over Jade


I have also been experimenting with glaze combinations using Amaco's Lustrous Jade glaze as a base glaze. I have added captions to the pictures of what the glaze painted on top of Jade is, so that if you are looking to repeat any of the combinations you can see what to expect.

Iron Lustre over Jade
Tenmoku over Jade

Thanks,

 

Mark Barta

 

No comments:

Post a Comment